2018 Direct School Admission (DSA)
- Community and Youth Leadership.
Application will start on 7 May 2018 and end on 8 July 2018 (5pm). Interested applicants are to approach our General Office (Weekdays 8am to 4pm) to obtain the 2018 DSA Application Form.
Shortlist applicants will be notified by 15 July 2018.
Building on the strength of current niche in Robotics Enterprise, the school have embarked on using Design Thinking as a strategy for innovation with the use of various technology such as robotics as one of our School Distinctive Programme (SDP).
The key features of the programme are as follows:
- Developmental 3 tiered approach. 3 ‘E’s – Excite (Sec 1), Explore (Sec 2) and Empower (Sec 3)
- Interdisciplinary nature, involving Science, Design & Technology and Art for a start. Other subjects will be incorporated as the programme progresses and matures.
- Broad based training on a cohort basis (Excite and Explore phase) as well as enhanced training for selected students in the Empower phase.
- Content delivery will be via IP subjects as well as specialised training by Nanyang Polytechnic as our key partner.
- Further exploration will be in conjunction with Singapore Science Centre, who will co-develop lesson materials to in the technology aspect to meet our specific programme aims.
Community and Youth Leadership
In line with the school’s Vision of ‘Values-centric, Thinking School’ as well as the school’s Mission of ‘Empowering Admirals to Actualise their Aspirations’, the school is integrating the Student Leadership Development with the Values-in-Action programmes to deliver our LLP program of “Nurturing Mindful Leaders through Community Outreach”
The key features of the program are as follows:
Tier 1 Leadership and Service-learning lessons are infused into the school’s LIGHTS CCE curriculum
(a) Learning ‘The Leadership Challenge’ (3 Practices & 6 Commitments):
- Model the Way
- Encourage the Heart
- Enable Others to Act
(b) Service Learning Champion Training (Basic):
- Exploring & Understanding Service-Learning
- Knowing Me, Knowing You
(a) Learning ‘The Leadership Challenge’ (2 Practices & 4 Commitments):
- Inspire a Shared Vision
- Challenge the Process
(b) Service Learning Champion Training (Intermediate):
- Project Planning in Service-Learning
- Great Communicator, Great Presenter
- Research skills
Tier 2 Community project would be implemented as part of the VIA Co-curriculum while planning would be carried out during curriculum time.
(a) Student-initiated Community Project with Community Partners
- Application of ‘The Leadership Challenge’ practices and Service-Learning skills in carrying out a Community Project