Full Home Based Learning (HBL) Details
FULL HOME-BASED LEARNING (HBL) (8 APRIL TO 4 MAY 2020)
- Topic Coverage
During this period, topics that students will be covering are as follows. The topics will be updated weekly (by 0715h on 08 April, and on all subsequent Mondays till 4 May) based on students’ learning progress. Please click the relevant links below:
- HBL routines
Clear routines are critical for
effective home-based learning. Students should ensure the following actions are
● check the HBL timetable and prepare for lessons
● log-in to SLS to receive the lesson instructions for the day (see “SLS announcements”)
● Check your admiraltysec.edu.sg email
● ensure your environment is conducive for learning (i.e., free from distractions)
● ensure proper grooming (e.g. girls should tie up their hair) and appropriate attire (e.g., t-shirt and pants, school uniform) for lessons
From 0800h to end of HBL lesson,
● participate in the HBL assignments and remain contactable by teachers.
● complete their assignments by the end of the day (unless otherwise instructed by subject teachers).
Students can contact their Form Teachers if they require additional socio-emotional support. The student will then be directed to the help needed.
- Queries during HBL
● Students who have questions about their HBL packages should contact their subject teachers, or call the school at 6365 1733 for assistance.
● Students who require consultations can contact their subject teachers to make appointment for online consultation.
● Form Teachers will check-in on students’ well-being via Google Meet during the once-a-fortnight LIGHTS/CCT.
School Operating Hours
During school operating hours, students should contact the School-based Helpline for HBL queries including all SLS access matters such as password reset and unlocking of accounts, as well as queries about lesson assignments.
School-based Helpline: 6365 7133
Mondays - Fridays: 7:45 am - 4:00 pm
For SLS matters, students can contact the SLS Helpdesk outside the school operating hours.
SLS Helpdesk: 6702 6513
Mondays - Fridays: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
*Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
Alternatively, students can email the SLS
Helpdesk at email@example.com. When emailing the SLS Helpdesk, you should
include your full name, name of school and form class.
- Modes of Communication with Teachers
● call the school at 6365 1733 to leave a message for your teacher
● Send an email to your teachers’ admiraltysec.edu.sg email account
● Whatsapp/phonecall (if students already have teachers’ contact numbers)